How to understand this blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

update

I've been pretty quiet about what's going on in my life at the moment in terms of day-to-day rat-race kind of stuff - now that the MA is over finito kaput.

So here is a brief explanation.

- I am enjoying life post-Masters.

- I am kind of looking for full-time employment, but not particularly urgently. I am also looking into scholarships for PhD study abroad.

- I am seriously considering attempting to write a screenplay.

- I am still working in administration for my sister's organisation. I am really enjoying it. It's not too time-consuming, but it's been paying the bills perfectly well so far. It's varied and interesting and I can work from home.

- On top of this, I have another job for about six weeks. It would be a very complex and boring story to explain how it came about that I got it, but now that I have it I have to tell you how incredibly cool it is. I am writing up a teaching manual for a robot language!!! I was a little daunted at first by doing something which is really rather different to anything I've done before... but now that I'm a few days into working on it I am LOVING it. It's so interesting, it's challenging, it's ridiculously unique, and again I can work from home.

1 comment:

Sarakastic said...

You can talk to robots now? How cool are you? Very, very cool.