How to understand this blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

30 days of song

Some muso friends are doing this meme on facebook. What can I say, I can't resist making lists! However, my music taste is totally uncool in comparison with theirs. Blogging feels strangely, comfortably anonymous - so I've transferred the 30 day song challenge over. Who knows, I may pluck up the courage to actually share on fb also.

day 01: your favourite song (at the moment? hmm)
C'est Moi, by Rupa and the April Fishes

day 02: your least favourite song
Low, by Flo Rida
No link, because it's a DEGRADING song and it makes me want to throw up.

day 03: a song that makes you happy
Something in the Water, by Brooke Fraser

day 04: a song that makes you sad
The Scientist, by Coldplay

day 05: a song that reminds you of someone
Contrapunctus 1, from Art of the Fugue, by Bach
Reminds me of my father.

day 06: a song that reminds you of somewhere
Fish, by Goldenhorse
New Zealand, on a perfect summer's day by the sea.

day 07: a song that reminds you of a certain event
In Christ Alone
After the earthquake on February 22, my flatmates and I were sitting around feeling absolutely miserable. Completely unable to do anything, until we got out our guitars and started singing this.

day 08: a song that you know all the words to
Stuff and Nonsense, by Split Enz

day 09: a song that you can dance to
I Want to Be Your Mother's Son-in-Law, with Macy Gray (from Divine Secrets... soundtrack)

day 10: a song that makes you fall asleep (in a good way!)
No Longer There, by the Cat Empire

day 11: a song from your favourite band
Love is Blindness, by U2
Started to really love this one after I saw the DVD of the Zoo TV concert in Sydney.

day 12: a song from a band you hate
Why would I want to inflict that upon you?

day 13: a song that is your guilty pleasure
Glee Cast, Marry You
Something about this song makes me happy and excited!!

day 14: a song that no one would expect you to love
Single Ladies, by Beyonce
I (also) really love that her live band is all women. So good to see!

day 15: a song that describes you
You Are So Beautiful, by Joe Cocker
:D just kidding. I don't have a clue and can't be bothered thinking existentially right now.

day 16: a song that you used to love but now hate
Miami, by Will Smith
12 years old. Don't judge. (Still have a soft spot for Getting Jiggy Wit It)

day 17: a song that you hear often on the radio
Rolling in the Deep, by Adele
And I don't mind at all!

day 18: a song that you wish you heard on the radio
Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #3

day 19: a song from your favourite album (at the moment)
Dance Anthem of the 80s, from Regina Spektor's Far

day 20: a song that you listen to when you're angry
Nothing Ever Happens, by Del Amitri

day 21: a song that you listen to when you're happy
I'm Into Something Good, interpreted by The Bird and the Bee

day 22: a song that you listen to when you're sad
One for my Baby, by Frank Sinatra

day 23: a song that you want to play at your wedding
Hawkmoon 269, by U2

day 24: a song that you want to play at your funeral
In a Little While, by U2
Gosh, I really seem to be into U2 for momentous occasions, don't I? I particularly love the version I have linked to - recommended viewing!

day 25: a song that makes you laugh
Northcote (So Hungover), by the Bedroom Philosopher

day 26: a song that you can play on an instrument
Gershwin, I Got Rhythm
OK, so not quite as perfectly as Gershwin himself did in that video...

day 27: a song that you wish you could play
Wanderer-Fantasie, by Schubert
... for starters! First one that popped into my mind, but trust me, there are many more.

day 28: a song that makes you feel guilty
Er... that is one emotion that I have never felt in music.

day 29: a song from your childhood
Phantom of the Opera, from the musical

day 30: your favourite song this time last year
These Roses, by Gin Wigmore
... well, roughly this time last year, anyway.

2 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Wow! How neat to post this!
If I tried to take this on, it would stress me out for days, as I attempted to figure out the perfect songs for each criterion.

Me too on Marry You! :)
I like All the Single Ladies too. And I laughed at the Will Smith menion.

Sarakastic said...

I'll add some of these to my playlist.