How to understand this blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

st stephens


My friend and I were taking an elevator down from the roof of the cathedral, crammed into this tiny little room with about ten other people. The elderly man in charge of the lift was holding his transistor radio close and as he turned it on started nodding his head to the beat: "I will survive... oooooooh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll be allright..."

My friend and I looked at each other and almost collapsed with laughter.

It was one of those moments I'll always remember and will never quite be able to explain how funny it was, because the juxtaposition in that grim, sweeping cathedral was just so stark. You had to be there.

3 comments:

heidikins said...

I really, really love this postcard series you've been doing. I think it is brilliant in every possible way.

xox

Sarakastic said...

I wasn't there and I still find it funny.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I agree with Sarakastic...that's an awesome memory!

And I agree with heidikins...love the postcard series.

I have no original thoughts today. :)