How to understand this blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

apple and lemon muffins

Last night in a fit of procrastibaking I made my favourite, favourite muffins. (I'm not always a muffin-fan but these are WONDERFUL and fairly healthy given that they are a sweet treat.)


They are also very quick, which slightly undermines the 'procrasti' element of the procrastibaking. 10-15 minutes to get them ready, 15-20 minutes to cook.

Start by preheating your oven to 220*C (430*F).

Mix in a bowl 2 cups of flour, half a cup of sugar, 4 teaspoons of baking powder, and one apple that you have peeled and chopped up into small pieces.

Melt 75 grams of butter (this is about 2-3oz). Mix into this 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and the zest of two lemons.
(The recipe I use says 1 lemon, but I find 2 lemons give it a better flavour. I am a lemonophile.)

Combine the two mixtures, and spoon into a muffin tray. Mix up a small amount of cinnamon with some sugar, and scatter over each muffin. Into the oven, cook for about 20 minutes - easy-peasy.

And very yummy. This recipe makes muffins that taste very, very good, but they also taste fresh and subtle and light.

3 comments:

Sarakastic said...

There are so many words in this post that i am in love with

Stacy said...

Lemonophile? Nice. I'm a lemonophile too.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Procrastibaking? Genius in word and idea. These look uniquely yummy!